4. DeForest Buckner and the 49ers pass rush stood out during 11-on-11’s. Buckner, Sheldon Day and Dee Ford all had “would-be” sacks.
5. Buckner and Ronald Blair III managed to chase Garoppolo out of the pocket during full team drills. The quarterback scrambled up the middle for a 15-yard pick up before giving himself up. Kyle Shanahan was complimentary of the quarterback, saying “I love what I saw today, because no one was open, the seas parted and he turned it into a draw. It was an exciting play.”
6. Joe Staley was given a veteran off day, however he was still on the practice field working on run techniques with Nick Bosa. Staley, as well as other veterans over the age of 30 are likely to rotate days off every three practices.
7. Verrett, who has donned No. 34 this offseason, was issued No. 2 on Monday. No. 34 is retired for Hall of Fame running back Joe Perry.
8. Emmanuel Moseley came up with the lone turnover of full team work. On the final play of the session, Beathard was looking for Bourne up the right sideline when Moseley tipped the pass before diving for the interception. Moseley also had several pass breakups during 1-on-1’s.